Thursday, January 05, 2006

Bye bye babe

I am single again, after almost 2.5 years of relationship, very rewarding for over 2 years. I ended it before Christmas and it was the right thing to do. It hurts a bit and feels a bit lonely now but 2006 will bring a gorgeous new amore, among everything else. I am back in the market, well it will probably take a while before it can feel right again, after such a long time with the same girl, but Spring is just around the corner... bring it on!

I will need a more structured and normal girl next time, no TV producers anymore. In love, as life, to follow your instinct is mostly the best thing to do, and to get into it with enthusiasm, dedication and passion is paramount to experience the real thing. The risk is to get hurt though, and it happens. Real love, and real life, similarly to business, isn’t for the faint-hearted. If you really go for it you make a big investment and expose yourself to others and when it works out is amazing but when it doesn't... But every time something goes wrong you learn, and you get older and better at judging people and situation and it gets easier, doesn’t it? I did learn quite a lot this time and I know what kind of girl I need now.

What sort of life do you want? And what sort of lifestyle? And what girlfriend?


People lifestyles and mood swings:


Normal People: Quite OK - OK - Quite OK - OK - Quite OK - OK - Up - Down - Quite OK - OK ...

(Mostly quite OK to bored and boring, these people are the majority, they enjoy some sporadic highlights but feel more comfortable not to risk too much and remain in mediocrity)


TV People: Very Up - Very Down - Very Up - Very Down - Very Up - Very Down ..

(My ex-girlfriend, living for today, intense experiences but too many problems, the risk of being burnt out quickly and lack of direction. Exciting but dangerous, good for a while but serious life restructuring needed after a few years - good luck babe).


My future girlfriend: Up - OK - Up - OK - Very Up - Down - Up - OK - Up - OK - Very Up - Down - Up - OK - Up - OK

(Not many people are like this, but I am ambitious. She is intelligent and dynamic, had some well solved troubles and real life experiences in the past, she is now looking for a more mature kind of excitement and greater challenges without being boring or belonging to the Opus Dei).


In the meantime I'll try to live the single life to the full, I am not ready to take on full time employment straight away and need to do some contracting so ... if you're up for something casual ... you'll find me in decent bars primarily in Fulham, Clapham and Central London, probably out with a guy who looks like me but he's not my brother. See you then!

No comments: