Saturday, July 22, 2006

Internet reputation???

Do you care of what people know about you? Do you like to shine and always seek popularity or prefer to remain in the shade? How many names do you have ;-) ?

I have a great first name I truly love, it's cool and easy to remember. I really don't like my last name though..

Anyway, a good piece of advice, if you care...

"Growing Number Of Job Searches Disrupted By Digital Dirt.

According to a recent survey of 100 executive recruiters conducted by ExecuNet, an executive recruiting network, 77% use search engines to learn more about candidates. Of those who use sites such as Google and Yahoo! to check the background of job seekers, 35% have eliminated a candidate from consideration based on the information uncovered online – up significantly from 26% just one year ago."

We all love those networking websites and forums don't we? Or better, we never heard of them and one day we do, we register for a trial period and find out 70% of the subscribers are.. well.. nice people but you wouldn't want to be associated with, just in case..

Do you care?

I am slowly becoming more posh, my clients are very, but in a cool and smart way, not boring or old-fashioned (some maybe, but most aren't). So I do care, but not too much, if u're cool u can do anything you like, right?

No comments: